Sunday, February 24, 2008

Of Something...


I live on the Earth ; the place I live
is filled with tyrants and talkers glib.

They talk abundantly about times to come
Whilst all the work done becomes undone.

They talk about the sun , and the moons and stars
and the glorious battles and the various wars.

And they talk about work to do
of rebuilding the said homes left crude.

Hypocrites; Vultures and similar scum
sitting , gloating, at humanity's helm

While the Rest do their best to find
some food, some rest and peace of mind.

You know what I think when I see what we are
When I see these atrocities by and far,

The seemingly simple thought crosses my mind
Do you know where I live ; where all kind eats its kind

And the very carrion eaters that dwell
are the rulers of us and well

We are but the miserable prey
Cursed to be hunted and they

Know the sword of oppression has and will
overcome all strength and valour and skill

Of all the wars the warriors die in gallantry
At the end of the campaign, its the King's victory

At the end the public claps and cheers
for "the King was masterful in battle O hear!"

How sorry the bodies lay in the dust prone
at the mercy of the elements and toiler drone;

But no ; "How much the king sacrificed and lost"
While the gridiron fields get covered in frost

Oh how much lies and how much fallacy
Oh how much deceit and how much treachery

And so I wonder is here where we stay
destined to ,like always, fade away

How I wish to sprout some wings ,
and to fly where the free wind sings.

Where man is really free as he thought
and where goop and bigotry comes to a naught.

And so do I wish to fill this void,
Utopia you may call it, I like Paradise.

And seeking now the said Land, is all I dream
And though futile this task of mine might seem

I promise, oh I do, I will find it where
it lies; and then, only there

Shall my mind find the rest it seek-ed
where men will be brave no head will be meek

And the freeness of thought shall flow like the river
Shining as hope , as joy in every sliver

Where equality and love will have no dearth
And that ,my friends, shall be renamed Earth.

And that, my friends, shall be renamed Earth.

-Sam

4 comments:

Varun said...

Awesome poem man, I'm left wid no words to criticize it(which I whole-heartedly intended to. A bit amateurish but more fantastic than I can ever achieve

Eggjhacktlee Arbeet said...

good job...
rebellious mood...:)
i hope you are also fond of reading poems... that would gv ur thots a more matured and broad outlook..
and yeah...
dont just write... obey ur self too...coz
Lives waste in chase of fun and mirth
Long forgotten stays the dream Earth

Aditya Mani Jha said...

hey samar......i honestly did not know you could write that well...you have an eye for detail and,needless to say...biting sarcasm!!!

Unknown said...

@varun thx yaar.... whatever.

@sanhita It's always heartening to note the reaction of seniors however it may be.

@amj aap aaye janaab mehfil mein yeh usi ki shaan hai,
Dilkash e Guftguu yahaan par hoti kidhar se.