Monday, February 1, 2010

The Thinking.

Rasna asked me to write this blog...

although it will be more of a mixture of THIS ONE and THIS ONE but anyway who cares? I think I'll put up all the thoughts I have in mind right now and just blitz away on my keyboard.

hmm ... let's see where to begin?

I'll begin right at the start when we framed our events. I remember that we could not come across any good names so we just named them on whatever first impression came to our minds.

For those who dont know/remember
eXplore was Pandubbi
Xplode was Minesweeper
TribotX was Tri Robotics
Xtension was TheBridge
8Mile was renamed Aath Meel
Xants was Cheenti

they were a few colorful ones called Chhapak and other well invented words of hindi language but our coordis were a little sceptical about them so...

I remember our meetings to come up with these events, and how EXACTLY Xtension was formed ( wink wink @ Saurya ) and how we formulated an Idea about Xants at 4 in the morning at Chhedis ( Mith Palkush and me ).

I remember our meetings that took place on vikramshila top because the AC wasn't running in TRS basement. I remember meetings with the coordis , the all important funda meeting that I fell asleep halfway through...

I remember our apprehensions about starting planning and executing a fest. Could we .... Can we... Will we ?

I remember meetings with the subheads both the heavy and the light ones.

I remember handpicking one of the best team of first years I have ever seen till date ( yes you guys were better than we were... )

I remember a LOT of meetings a LOT of planning a LOT of work.






It's a lot of work.






but in the end when it's over somehow the sleep you get is very rewarding. It feels as though you did your stuff. It's over. as Amal would say no more bakar.

I really want to do what our coordis had done in the last year. Take retirement completely... :P




but something somewhere there is this feeling. It's unexplicable, strenuous, and mystical.
It's something which binds me to this team and it's people. Something very powerful.





I know at times I yell at people. ok... not at times... all the time. but then again....




If you had that feeling, you'd know. Some would call it Obsession. I prefer to call it Dedication. Be dedicated. And be obsessively dedicated. Then ONLY do you get success. Call it a pursuit for perfection. Call it anything you want. Just get your work done.

The advantage of Obsession is that it asks us no success, it works up no Pride and it jilts up no ego.


Being a Head who managed the what is known as 'Roaming' works. I can tell you that it's a thankless job.

People don't take notice of things working smoothly. It's only the hiccups that reflect bad on you. Not that it's a bad thing. But Yeah expect no thanks.

Coz if you do ... well you're not gonna get it.


Dear new Heads,

Probably, it was pretty evident, That I was the one that took your case so much. Maybe thats just me. Maybe I care too much. Maybe. I care as long as you don't mess up the things we have here. You people should be capable and prepared to the last iota; is the only thing I want.


Dear members,

I really don't know why you are scared of me; Really..
I haven't done anything to you... I have done nothing to you...
Ask the new heads. You'll know.


And yeah.

Anytime you need Any help of any nature not necessarily related to Robotix I am here.

.
.
.
Just ping me when I'm not sleeping.

6 comments:

Amal Sinha said...

Woah, finally samar has let his heart out :) :)

Amal Sinha said...

finally, samar has let his heart out :) :)

Anonymous said...

For any venture to be successful, there has to be atleast one person who is so passionate and dedicated that he doesn't mind taking up thankless and daunting tasks.
Irrespective of whether or not people
publicly acknowledge his hardwork, everybody does silently respect him for the sacrifices he has made....

And for ROBOTIX 2010, that person was you.

Anonymous said...

For any venture to be successful, there has to be atleast one person, who is so passionate and dedicated that he doesn't mind taking up all the thankless and daunting tasks.
Irrespective of whether or not people appreciate his contribution publicly,everyone does silently, in their hearts of hearts respect him for the sacrifices made.

For ROBOTIX 2010, that person was you..

Unknown said...

oh mast kuch kuch

Mahtab Soin said...

Thanks a lot for the memories, Samar. :D
You did a great job!