Saturday, March 22, 2008

Of Holi....in KGP


(clockwise from anywhere) me,Ankit,Aditya,Rahul,Varun,Girish Shrey Palkush ,Shubhanshu...

For the first time ever did I celebrate holi without family. It was an altogether different experience...and a thoroughly enjoyable one at that.

Firstly there are two holis in kgp.one for the bengalis and the rest for the rest of the world.....

Obviously with the rest of the world I celebrated it after the bengalis....

Firstly I had never celebrated holi with friends so it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We had a great time and we looked like bastiwallahs after the celebrations were over. One out of traditional setting tradition here is to tear the clothes of the people when holi is played. I must admit I was unprepared for that. but needless to say people do what they want to do ....there is no stopping them.

So my t shirt was ripped too.and there I stood shivering half naked and looking like a chambal ka daaku . Though that t-shirt was given to me free by courtesy of barcamp(yo e-cell!), but still....

Now a Friend of mine(Pahun) wanted bhaang at all costs. he was really pining for it. It was a good thing that our warden banned it or else there would have been a lot more abusing and stuff today. which rather in my opinion dampens the festive mood. Lastly we had a Group pic....where we all junglee people just lay down and had our pic taken by Rahul's 5 mega pixel camera(yo Rahul) We also took indiv shots in Dara Singh Poses.

Needless to say I enjoyed every small part of it and I hope my next 4 Holis are as Enjoyable.

2 comments:

Shubhanshu Mishra said...

gr8 description
but rahuls' cam is 3.2pixel lol
but achha laga
par isme humara description nahin hai
haha lol

Unknown said...

haan yaar 3.2 ho 2.3 ho..... tu peace maar ...and ladies and gentlemen this person rockeddddddd in holi.